Simple, Clean & Environmentally Acceptable
There is a wide range of possible applications for both concrete and soil filled bagwork. Each product offers a regular size of building block which can be hand placed into a wide variety of forms and designs. Typically, these may involve:
- Structural underpinning of abutments and training walls subject to scour.
- The formation of scour protection within watercourses.
- The creation of pipe, culvert or bridge headwalls and training walls.
- The formation of river walls, including repairs to existing walls.
- The creation of SUDS schemes, to create storage lagoons, etc.
- Earthwork retention.
- Embankment stabilisation works.
Soil Filled MSE Bagwork
- The repair or formation of embankments, slopes or retaining walls
- The creation of pipe or culvert headwalls and training walls
- The lining and formalising of open channels
- The formation of earth bunds or berms
Concrete Filled Bagwork Applications
Placement in Active Watercourses
- Below water bagwork is always used for underwater placement and should be combined with steelwork.
- Where water levels can be manipulated or naturally fluctuate, the higher water level can be utilised to hydrate the mix and harden the concrete. In these situations below water bagwork can be used for the transition.
- Bagwork placed above normal or elevated levels should be formed with above water bagwork.
- Steelwork is not required for above water bagwork but will add to the strength and durability of the bagwork feature.